Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Final Project: Opinion

Overall I enjoyed interviewing a lawyer.  Its always great to ask questions to the ones that are actually in the work field.  I enjoyed speaking to my lawyer Madeline one on one about the proper steps necessary to claim a product your own. She also answered a few concerns I had regarding my next move for the my clothing brand.  Speaking to a lawyer one on one is much different then trying to find these answers out on your own.  I couldn't imagine what it would be like to file for your own patent.  These types of procedures that the law ask for are always recommended to be read through a lawyer before signing,  which is why I am blessed to say if I ever needed advice in product licensing I would have a go to person I could trust.  Overall this is a great assignment that teaches your real life scenarios that you just might happen to run into in the near future.

" The first sale doctrine permits the purchaser of a legal copy of a copyrighted work to treat that copy in any way desired, as long as the copyright owner's exclusive copyright rights are not infringed"
Patent, Copyright & Trademark pg.269

" Over 120 nations have signed treaties in which they agree to extend reciprocal copyright protection to works authored by nationals of the other signing countries as well as works first published in one of the other signing countries."
Patent, Copyright & Trademark pg.285

"An orphan work is one that is owned by a hard to find copyright owner"
Patent, Copyright & Trademark pg. 303


No comments:

Post a Comment